heart of Brixham
Both owners and chef want to bring something unique yet familiar to their new venture. Using the freshest, seasonal ingredients possible from local sources (organic where feasible) reducing waste and recycling as much as they can, they aim to reflect this in their menu which will change with the availability of local produce from fish to vegetables and everything in between.
They hope to bring a strong presence to the town, offering an inclusive, informal and friendly experience to both locals and visitors with emphasis on casual dining and brunch of course with a few twists along the way. Albero boasts gorgeous harbour views from both the stunning outside decking and the inside of the restaurant.
Dogs are welcome too so bring your pooch for a mooch
Marc & Nerina (co-owners)
Marc has a long history with the area and in the past few years his property development company has upgraded and refurbished many of the newest restaurants and bars on Brixham’s harbour front, maybe most notably Simply Fish, his uncle, Robert Simonetti’s venture.
Nerina has a strong background in art and craft and has put her artistic skill into creating the design of the restaurant. She is inspired by the sea, especially the striking coastline beauty of Devon and her home county, Cornwall.
Both Marc and Nerina share a love for the best in life, especially food and drink. It’s long been an ambition of theirs to open their own eatery which is why we now have Albero!
David Gillham (Head Chef)
“David has worked in some of the best kitchen’s in the area, experiencing both fast paced and high end food. David places a large focus on the quality of the ingredients he uses, ensuring they are sourced as locally and sustainably as possible.
David has been working for himself over the past year developing his own business based in brixham, The Larder, which is going from strength to strength. David is now looking to build on his experience with Albero, bringing some new and exciting dishes to the Bay.”
Fred Kyle (Front of House)
Local Brixham ‘bey’ Fred has a history of working in bars and restaurants spanning 17 years. He’s worked in almost every position imaginable from KP, barman and waiter to Chef and Manager.
His natural love of people and passions for delicious food and great service have allowed him flourish in the industry, making him a valuable asset to any team he joins. Spending 6 years in London, Fred worked in chain pubs and independent restaurants before setting up a pop-up street food business operating out of the renowned Brick Lane street food market.
Fred moved back to Devon in 2018 and was the general manager of On the Rocks, Brixham for 6 months before taking a break from the industry to hone his skills in other areas. He is now ready for the next chapter of his career in hospitality and is relishing the opportunity to bring Albero to the forefront of Brixham’s ever-growing culinary community.
Dine with us at Albero Brixham
All antipasti platters come with mixed leaves, pickled vegetables, avocado, mixed fruits, houmous, focaccia, extra olive oil and balsamic.
All our meats and cheeses vary according to what’s in season and sourced from local suppliers.
- MIXED MEATS* £7 / £13.50
- MIXED CHEESES* £7 / £13.50
- MIXED PLATTER (MEAT AND CHEESE)* £8 / £15
Any 3 For £18.00
- CRISPY PAPRIKA CHICKEN, SPRING ONION, SRIRACHA MAYONNAISE*
- HALLOUMI FRIES, POMEGRANATE, MINT, GREEN SWEET CHILLI* £5.50
- SOURDOUGH BRUSCHETTA, CRISPY BASIL, BALSAMIC* (V+) £4.50 (ADD CRAB) £8.50
- SALT & PEPPER SQUID, PANFRIED OR TEMPURA, PICKLED VEGETABLES, LIME MAYONNAISE* £6.00
- ROSEMARY FOCACCIA, EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL, BALSAMIC (V+O) £4.00
- PANFRIED MARKETLIST GREENS, GARLIC BUTTER* (V+O) £3.50
- SOURDOUGH FLATBREAD, HOUMOUS, TOASTED SEEDS, HERB OIL (V+) £4.00
- NACHOS-POMODORO, BACON, ONIONS, JALAPENOS, CHEESE £5.00
- GARLIC FLAT-BREAD WITH CHEESE £5.00
(*) DENOTES GLUTEN FREE OPTIONS AVAILABLE
(V) DENOTES VEGETARIAN
(V+) DENOTES VEGAN
Please look at our specials boards for deserts of the day and alternative seasonal dishes
- Margherita – Pomodoro, Buffalo mozzarella, grand padano, basil, extra virgin olive oil (v) £10.00
- La reine – Pomodoro, buffalo mozzarella, prosciutto, wild mushroom, black olives £12.50
- Mixed meats – Pomodoro, buffalo mozzarella, Milano salami, chorizo, nduja piccante £14.00
- Quattro formaggi – Pomodoro, mozzarella, blue, grana padano, feta £12.50
- Fig – Pomodoro, buffalo mozzarella, maple roasted fig, prosciutto, rocket £12.50
- SQUASH – Pomodoro, roasted aubergine & SQUASH, moroccan falafel, caramelised onion, spinach (v+) £12.50
- Bianca – Buffalo mozzarella, grana padano, prosciutto, PESTO, rocket, rosemary salt, basil oil £12.50
- Meats – £2.00 (Prosciutto, Milano salami, Chorizo, Smoked streaky bacon, NDuJa piccante, Anchovies)
- CheeseS – £2.00 (Buffalo mozzarella, Grana Padano, Feta, Blue)
- Other – £1.50 (Roasted med veg, Watercress, Rocket, Falafel, Market list greens, Mushrooms, Caramelised onion, Butternut squash, Heritage tomatoes, Artichokes)
- STRING FRIES, ROSEMARY SALT (V) £3.50
- SWEET POTATO FRIES (V+) £4.00
(MAKE THEM DIRTY – BACON, POMODORO, CHEESE) – ADD £2.00
Allergens & Dietary Requirements: Please inform your server of any allergens or dietary requirements. Most dishes can be adjusted for your needs
- CAPRESE-BUFFALO MOZZERELLA, VINE PLUM TOMATO, VINE CHERRY TOMATO, CRISPY BASIL, BALSAMIC GLAZE * (V) £5.50 / £8.00
- ROCKET, GRANA PADANO, MIXED SEEDS AND BLACK GARLIC OIL* £4.50 / £7.00
- RAW SLAW – GRATED SEASONAL VEGETABLES, CIRTUS AND A HOUSE DRESSING* (V, V+) £4.50 / £7
- GIANT COUS COUS, SWEET POTATO, POMEGRANATE, GOATS CHEESE* (V) £5.50 / £8.00
- SMASHED AVOCADO, POACHED EGGS, CHILLI SALT, POMEGRANATE, GREEN SWEET CHILLI* (V) £9.00
- HOMEMADE 6Oz BEEF BURGER, SMOKED CHEDDAR, PICKLED RED ONION, PRETZEL BUN, SKIN ON FRIES, SIDE SALAD* £11.00
- SOURDOUGH FLATBREAD, MOROCCAN FALAFEL, HOUMOUS, HARD BOILED EGG, PICKLED VEGETABLES, CORIANDER, RAITA, SKIN ON FRIES £12.50
We understand the need for kiddies to be able to eat delicious food too!. Rather than a seperate menu, we offer our entire menu for half the price for half the size. (Terms & conditions apply to certain items, please speak to staff for details)
Our entire menu is available for takeaway! Please allow for a slight wait if we are busy during service, however we will endeavor to get it to you as quickly as possible. All of our takeaway packaging is either biodegradable or recyclable, please help us by disposing of it as such wherever possible after use. Every little helps!
Reservation Enquiry Form
Book With Us
18a New Quay Lane
Tel: 01803 882 753
Got a special occasion coming up? Book out the whole restaurant or a section to celebrate with us. Full restaurant booking not available Friday evening, Saturday evening or Sunday day.